Friday, November 19, 2010

hoppin' at any moment now..
           We've reached another Friday, and that means it's time to HOP!!! The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer over at Crazy for Books. As she puts it, "In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read!"       Even though I'm working this weekend, I'm determined to do some hoppin' .....

This week's question is:  "Since Thanksgiving is coming up next week, let's use this week's Hop to share what we are most thankful for and what our holiday traditions are!"

I will admit that Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday (Halloween is).  I tend to think of it as a "food holiday" because when I was growing up, it was all about cleaning the house the day/night before, starting food preparation the night before, spending all day cooking .... having dinner.... and then doing dishes.  My family isn't into sports, so we never watched football or anything on Thanksgiving.   However, lest you think that my saying it's a "food holiday" means a negative thing.....    it's not.   Thanksgiving meant my mom's stuffing, and cranberry-banana bread, which I love.   Even though Thanksgiving's not always at my parents' house (I'm married, so that means we alternate holidays with both families), I still make a batch of cranberry-banana bread, just because it's tradition.   And because my husband loves that bread.  I mean, I do too... but he'll eat about half a loaf in one sitting.

 So here's what I'm thankful for:  My husband - I'm thankful he puts up with me.  I'm thankful I'm still crazy in love with him after being married for 10 years.  I'm thankful for good health -- both of us, along with our families, have had a pretty decent year, health-wise (as opposed to other years, when 2 of my aunts were diagnosed with breast cancer -- they're doing great now).  I'm thankful that all of our bunnies (4) are in good health.  Even though they're naughty sometimes, I love them!  And I'm thankful just to be here.  Every day brings something new.

Happy Hopping, everyone!    And  one last thanks --- thanks to my followers!  Without you reading my blog, I'd just be out here talking to myself.....       :)  

11 comments:

Broche Fabian said...

Jo, thank you for hopping by my blog, and I'm glad one of my "thankfuls" made you think. I'd love to hear your thoughts (even if they're opposed to mine) when you've thought it through. And I'm glad Thanksgiving is a food holiday for you; it is for us (and many others, I'm sure), too!

Karen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier - you have a bunny pic too! Halloween is my favorite holiday also - I go all out but hardly even do anything for Christmas, except eat too much :-)
Love your header and blog!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

what sweet things to say about your husband :) Have a great weekend and holiday!

Kim said...

Thanks for hopping by, and may I just say, your blog header is GREAT! I am with you on the holiday thing, too. It's always been kind of a food holiday here, too, but in a good way!

Teacher/Learner said...

Old follower hopping by to say happy Thanksgiving :) Congrats on your 10-year anniversary, too!

Anonymous said...

Your newest follower. I love your blog header, it's so cool! Enjoy your food holiday :P

Erica R Hopper said...

Hopping through, I adore your blog and am a new follower. :) Happy Early Thanksgiving!

http://soonrememberedtales.blogspot.com

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

happy hopping, Jo :)

I'm with you...I have so much to be thankful for!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Cranberry Banana Bread sounds really yummy - although I'd do pumpkin instead of banana.
My Hop

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thank you for stopping by earlier. Love your blog header, and follwoing you now :)

Shelleyrae @ www.bookdout.wordpress.com

Carissa said...

Hey Jo! Stopping by from the hop! Really cool blog here. I'm looking forward to reading your posts. New follower!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison