Friday, August 6, 2010

Leaping and Hopping !!!

This hasn't been the best week, so I am SO GLAD that it's Friday and time for the Book Blogger Hop!!!!
Hosted by Jennifer over at Crazy for Books, this is a great opportunity to spend time on Friday and over the weekend discovering blogs!  Loads of people sign up on the site, so I always check a few times so I can go through and visit as many blogs as I can.   :)

And, every week, there's a little question --- this week, it's: Do you listen to music when you read?  If so, what are your favorite reading tunes?     I actually listen to music a lot, but the music I choose for my background noise when I'm reading tends to be a little mellower (especially if I'm reading something and taking notes for a review).    Classical music goes well with reading, but sometimes, it'll be a CD by Mary Chapin Carpenter, or Roseanne Cash.  I also like a little Peggy Lee or Bonnie Koloc.   I just like whatever I listen to to be background, not distraction.

I really liked this question because it made me think a little about how I choose different music for different things.   I usually put on more upbeat stuff for when I'm baking and high-energy stuff for when I'm cleaning.   And today, because I wasn't having a good morning, it was Everlast in the car.  Loud.     I'm looking forward to visiting other people on the Hop and seeing what they listen to!!!     Have a great Friday, everyone! 

14 comments:

Lisa said...

I hope you enjoy the blog hop!

Also...

I just wanted to let you know that I have an award for you here.

Anonymous said...

Love the fox pic! Hi, just blog hopping through. Happy Friday!
I listen to music mostly when I write, not when I’m reading. I listen to Celtic and Pirates of the Caribbean.
Check out ketch1714.wordpress.com for Follow Friday and a featured movie clip.
Best,
Kelsey

Anonymous said...

What a cute background and banner! Hope you have a great weekend and have fun on the HOP! :D

http://www.gracedwithbooks.blogspot.com

A Musing Mother said...

Love your blog! Blog hopping!

www.amusingreviews.blogspto.com
www.amusingmother.com

Tammy said...

Hey There! Thanks for stopping by my blog. LOVE your review in the Ship Breaker. I can't wait to read it myself. Thanks!

Chelle said...

I like to put on music that helps change my mood. When it comes to cleaning the best thing is some upbeat music to keep me happily movtivated.

pussreboots said...

I have a feel good CD in my car for when I need to unwind.

Happy Friday. Come see how I listen to music when I read.

Amber said...

Just hopping by. Thanks so much for checking out my blog. I really love your background (especially the fairy on the right, so cute) and the leaping fox.

Have an awesome weekend!

Monica said...

Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much for being my 100th follower! I'm so excited! I'm following you too! Happy Reading!

Monica @ The Ramblings of a Book Addict
**100+ Follower Giveaway**

Anonymous said...

Another blogger who listens to music while reading! Victory! I like the idea of putting on high-energy music while cleaning (it sounds as if it makes for a "go get 'em!" attitude, to keep the task interesting). I clean house to whatever turns up on shuffle, and it's usually melancholic Celtic ballads that make me want to go read something. Literary temptation usually wins out, x3

Love the picture!

Nat said...

Good point about different music for different moods/activities. I do the same thing!

Whitney said...

It's fascinating to learn what people do (or don't) listen to while reading. Actually, on the rare occasion that I do have background music, Mary Chapin Carpenter is on the list.

nymfaux said...

Hi! I'm a new follower--just stopping by from the hop! As music goes--I used to have music playing all the time, but now I prefer quiet.

Looks like a fun blog!!! Hope you're having a great weekend!!!

nymfaux
http://nymfaux.blogspot.com/

Jon said...

Thanks for hopping by my blog earlier. I already had you on my favorites, tho I can't recall how I found you in the first place, and your post about the book blogger hop led me there.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison