Sunday, December 13, 2009

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt


Viking Books very nicely sent me a package of books, so I'm now working my way through them. Finished Beth Hoffman's Saving CeeCee Honeycutt last week, a coming of age story that reminded me a little of Secret Life of Bees. Short summary: At age 12, CeeCee's mother passes away (which, although tragic, is almost a blessing, considering how strange her behavior was getting) and she is taken in by an aunt who lives in Savannah. Aunt Tallulah (Tootie) and her housekeeper, Oletta, are great characters, and CeeCee is very well written, herself. I enjoyed this book and found it a smooth read, typical of good Southern storytelling. Does make me wish I could visit Savannah at some point (although I'm sure it has changed since the story, which takes place in 1967). Uncomplicated, but a nice read, especially when it's snowing outside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison