Monday, November 9, 2009

The Everafter by Amy Huntley


Brought another good read home from the library ---- and here's the blurb from the book jacket:

"Madison Stanton doesn't know where she is or how she got there. But she does know this--she is dead. And alone, in a vast, dark space. The only company she has in this place are luminescent objects that turn out to be all the things Maddy lost while she was alive. And soon she discovers that with these artifacts, she can re-experience--and sometimes even change--moments from her life."


I wasn't sure what to expect from this, but it sounded cool..... and it turned out to be a good read. I really liked how the author would have Madison move back and forth in time, and how the objects would transport her to a specific event. Madison is written consistently true to her character, and I felt the story moved smoothly. I also liked how I wasn't sure what was really happening all the time - so I kept on reading to find out.

The author has put together an interesting idea and a sympathetic character to create a story that I think will stick in readers' heads long after they finish this book. I'm looking forward to passing this one along to some of my friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison